Sunday, November 2, 2008

Poperations 2.0


"Window Cill" from Sunday Alone series courtesy of Kasabian Beck - Visit Poperations 2.0
Artist: Kasabian Beck
Model: Vixie Rayna
Skin: Blowpop - Tuesday - Honey Aden #2
Hair: Maitreya - Loelle Pitch
Shirt: Artilleri - Zee Tank in White
Panties: Chic Boutique - Cherry
Headphones: Muism - SL Headphones
Lashes - Cake - Bedroom

Kasabian Beck is back from the dead and SL should be shaking in their boots. He's here to take the art and music world by storm. Poperations 2.0 is open with a new series featuring a voyeuristic look into a "Sunday Alone". The series can be see now in-world on the Wandering Spirits sim.

Working with Kas was a great bit of fun, he works very spontaneously and its a really organic process. He randomly IMs me after my good friend Kali Meads suggested me as a model. He brought me over to his studio and showed off the Polaroid series he was working on...let me just say I was AMAZED. Of course, I agreed to participate! He asked me to pop on some black lingerie and asked me go through my own poses. I mostly heard, "next, next, NO, next...STAY!" He walked around fluidly to find the perfect angle. He asked for a few wardrobe changes and more poses. It all happened so fast and then he was done. A few hours later, he's showing me the work he'd completed. It was the seventh piece in his Polaroid series.

The very next day, I get a texture from Kas and its completely different. He says that he's been inspired. A taxi cab is sent for me and I arrive in Poperations 2.0 and my jaw just drops. Its this entire gallery of raw, erotic, and devastating works entitled Sunday Alone. Kasabian showed me this video by Death Cab for Cutie - What Sarah Said. "Love is watching someone die...so who's going to watch you die?" 

In Kasabian Beck's words, "I wanted the series to be about someones first Sunday alone after a long breakup..what the feeling is like when you wake up in an empty bed, stare at yourself in the mirror alone for the first time after say a couple years. Its a very intimate, yet distant place. Sure you take comfort in say listening to the music you want, but what's the point if you don't have someone there you love to share it." He continued by saying, "Its like you depend on someone for so long that you wonder what to do with yourself now that you're sure you made the right decision, but you're still alone in the end."

Sadly, Kas doesn't post any work online. He must be the last person in SL without a Flickr or Koinup. ;) After a bit of prodding, Kas was kind enough to watermark a few of the pieces so I could promote the series on Flickr and on my blog. Thank you Kas! I've given you a little taste of the series, hopefully this motivates you to see more. Please check out series in-world before it retires.

Link
"The Floor" from Sunday Alone series courtesy of Kasabian Beck - Visit Poperations 2.0
Artist: Kasabian Beck
Model: Vixie Rayna
Skin: Blowpop - Tuesday - Honey Aden #2
Hair: Maitreya - Loelle Pitch
Bra: Insolence - Salome in Black
Lashes - Cake - Bedroom

All works courtesy of Kasabian Beck. All rights reserved.
**Update 11/4/08 with Quotes**
**Update 11/3/08 - Kasabian's new indie-music club, Mixtape will be opening November 8th at 8 pm with DJ Lizzie Schism. IM Kasabian Beck or join the group Mixtape for more details.**

No comments: